Mr. Nagamune, Secretary General of JBCE and other digital associations’ leaders had the meeting with Dr. Okonjo-Iweala, Director General of WTO.
We exchanged views on a number of key issues impacting not only the ICT sector, but all sectors it empowers as they are going through digital transformation such as
- The role of digital trade in mitigating the impact of COVID-19 pandemic;
- JSI on e-commerce, in particular, Data Free Flow with Trust (DFFT);
- Further expansion of ITA;
- Digital trade and climate – twin priorities;
- Further contribution to WTO.
As 60% of global GDP is forecasted to be digitized by 2022, we believe that involving digital industry in WTO initiatives, such as the JSI, DFFT and the ITA, is key in ensuring success for all stakeholders.